Why an Offshore Trust Dispute Should Involve an Attorney

Share this post
Estate disputes
Offshore Trust Dispute

What to Do in an Offshore Trust Dispute? Call A Lawyer

A trust dispute typically involves beneficiaries and trustees. There are various types of disputes in trust cases, which means that Chicago estate planning attorneys are necessary when conflict arises.

Many attorneys are familiar with domestic trust disputes where all parties are in the United States. What happens, though, when an offshore trust dispute arises? You need a law firm that specializes in estate planning, like Anthony J. Madonia & Associates to help with the case.

What causes a trust dispute?
Conflict with trusts can arise for many reasons, which include:

  • Suspicion of fraud or biased practices on the trustee’s behalf;
  • Dispute regarding beneficiaries as stipulated in the initial trust;
  • Conflict regarding the number of assets awarded to beneficiaries.

In all cases of conflict, an attorney can help.

What can Chicagoland estate planning attorneys do?
Estate planning attorneys can bring clarity to the situation by ensuring that trustees carry out their duties in an ethically sound manner. A lawyer can also represent beneficiaries who feel that they are not receiving their just due in accordance with the trust.

Can a trustee be removed in an offshore dispute case?
A trustee is typically someone appointed by the estate owner to carry out the duties of distributing assets. The court may also appoint a trustee to carry out such duties in the absence of a specific person being named by the estate owner.

There is no rule that secures a trustee’s position, which means that he or she can be removed from duty if a breach of trust is discovered. Of course, an estate attorney is necessary to prove that such an accusation of breach is valid.

Call Anthony J. Madonia & Associates for help
We have years of experience in the field and know how to handle your offshore trust dispute. Call us today to schedule a consultation if you feel that your loved one’s estate is being handled improperly.